Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bragging rights

I often wonder how I could get this incredible daughter who is not afraid of standing in front of people and performing. I was sooooo terrified of anything like that as a kid and still am as an adult. And I have been blessed with this daughter who sings and performs in front of hundreds of people and doesn't even seem fazed by the experience. Today she auditioned for the solo in "I'll Be Home for Christmas" that will be performed with her choir. She made it to the final four and will have another opportunity tomorrow to try out again. I hope she gets the part she wants but honestly the most impressive part for me is that she is willing to try. I would never have had the courage to do that when I was her age and wouldn't do it now.

PS She didn't get the part. It went to the 8th grader. But she wasn't too sad. She'll try again next time.

3 comments:

Bingham Bunch said...

That is pretty awesome....I could never do it! I also don't have the talent your sweet Sydney does. She is a fantastic gal.

Amanda said...

Go Sydeny - I would definately not do that.

dlriley said...

She is amazing. How wonderful to feel so confident! And also to know that's it's not the end of what you can try when it doesn't happen today.