I know, I know, Valentine's Day is a made up holiday and it's purpose is solely to guilt us into buying gifts for the people we love. I don't care. I love it!!! I love any day that gives me an excuse to buy gifts. I also love any day that is going to give the people around me an excuse to give me gifts. I LOVE getting and giving gifts. It's my "language of love". So this Valentine's Day I stole an idea that I read about on Amanda's blog (I think)and decided to do the 14 Days of Valentine. It's sooooooo much fun. I had the best time on Saturday thinking of gifts and buying cards. Dollar Tree had the cutest cards 2/$1.00 and I found enough to go with each of my days. I decided to pick reasons why I love my husband and then find a gift to match.
Here are the gifts/reasons: The cheesed-down version
1. Because he has my heart- I put sticky hearts on his car windows and left him a frog holding a heart with some hear-shaped candies he likes
2. Because he keeps things "hot" - I left him a bag of atomic fireballs
3. Because he's always game for whatever- he got a deck of heart-shaped playing cards, real cards that you can actually play spades or hearts with. So cute.
4. Because he makes me laugh- a can of silly string
5. Because he gives the best hugs and kisses- a bucket of Hershey's hugs and kisses - more of a gift for me because he doesn't like chocolate
Anyway, you get the idea. If you want to know the rest I would be happy to reveal, I just don't want to bore anyone. The funny part is that I can't ever wait to give them to him. I was planning that I would leave them out every night in different places that he would find them. But we are up past midnight every night without fail and I always have to give it to him before we go to sleep. I'm not that great with the surprise part at all.
Loved the idea and so glad Amanda planted it for me. Thanks!!!
6 comments:
What a great idea. Have a lot of fun and remember to tell him to get you a gift because his love langauge isn't gifts. He might forget. I bet he loves this though!!
I love it! Thought naughty thoughts the whole time.....;o).
wait... aren't you ruining the suprise?? or did you already do it?
He doesn't ever read my blog. He lives the blog!!
I'm not sure if you mean me when youay Amanda, but it was not from my blog - but I think it is a super cute idea!
I actually learned the reason we have Valentine's Day is because during a war people weren't allowed to get married because it made men not want to go fight so St. Valentine would marry people in secret. Valentine's Day was created in honor of him and his devotion to love. So it is not just to guilt people in to buying gifts. I love Valentine's Day, and all holidays. Valentine's Day was my grandma's favorite holiday and is still my best-friend's favorite - how can you argue with celebrating love?
Are you sure you weren't the one that talked about her friend who always does the 14 days of valentine? I could have sworn. Oh well, we'll just pretend it was your wonderful idea unless someone else takes credit. I certainly didn't think of it.
And thanks for the V-day history. That makes me love it even more. It seems that any day that encourages us to show the people we love how much can't be a bad day.
Post a Comment