


Last night we had a Ward Campout sponsored by the Elders Quorum of our Ward. We started out with dinner of Sloppy Joes and salads. The new temple pres came out to the lake where we were camping and did a special fireside about Easter. It was very nice. What a beautiful place to think about the Savior. Afterwards we had s'mores and kept warm around a big fire. It was a very cold night so not everyone was the happiest at bedtime. I was warm with my 3 layers of clothes plus thermal socks plus two quilts.
This morning the EQ made a pancake breakfast for all of us. I was in charge of an Easter Egg hunt. I had about 500 eggs to hide. I divided it up in two and sent my lovely helpers to hide big kid eggs while my friend Mary and I hid for the little kids.
Katie had fun finding the eggs. She had to stop and check for content each time she found one though. She wanted to make sure she was getting what she wanted.
It was a fun night. These are the times that make wonderful memories for our children too. I love having a ward that is fun enough to go out and camp together even in the freezing cold. Some of these people have huge families too and they were there camping with kids ranging in ages from 18-2 years. What a fun ward!
1 comment:
That does sound like fun. What a great way to spend Easter. I remember when we were kids and we used to go camping with Aunt Dixie and her big family and Grandma and Grandpa. We always had so much fun. Camping has always brought the best memories back to me, I guess that's why I love it so much and have never minded doing it with the young women. I missed being there this year.
Post a Comment