Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sadness

It's a strange thing, cancer. It just comes in and takes hold and there's often nothing that can be done. Greg's mom just turned up with cancer right after Christmas. This was only 4 short, short months ago. Now I hear from he and his sister tonight that she is in the hospital and it doesn't look like she will get out. If she does get out it will be straight to hospice care. Sad to say that I haven't even spoken to her since I learned that she had it. I guess I thought it would all be okay somehow and there would be lots of time. The kids are shocked and don't really know how to feel. I hope and pray I have the right words to comfort them when the time comes.

2 comments:

House of Girls said...

That is so sad, it seems like it hit her really fast and hard! I'm sure you'll do great with the kids, it will still be sad but at least they understand where she is, I think it would be so much worse without that knowledge.

dlriley said...

All my love sweetheart, Dad and I will try to get over there soon to give Greg a hug. I know he needs to know he's cared about.