I love that my son is taking guitar lessons. To me there is nothing better than the sound of an acoustic guitar. He wanted a guitar from Christmas and I was thrilled. We just started lessons last week and he's been practicing every day. When I am done with school, I think I might take guitar lessons, too.
I love that Katie walks around the house with her little makeup case filled with a variety of lotions, brushes and sprays asking anyway she happens across if they ordered a foot massage. She gives a great foot massage too.
I love that Sydney loves theater. Some people want their children to be great athletes, hunters, cheerleaders, etc. but I want my children to have a love for the arts. I certainly have that with my oldest. I can't wait for her auditions for FWAFA. That would just be the icing on the cake if she got into a fine arts academy.
I love that my husband loves to talk to me as much as I love to talk to him. We have the best time together doing nothing but talking for hours on end. I married my best friend in the whole world.
I love being on a college campus. There is something exhilerating about higher education. Sometimes I think I may never want to leave.
I love that I am learning to be a more critical thinker and think like a scientist. It is nice to know that there is a way to weed through the the nonsense. It is empowering. And I especially love when I discover that the things I once thought to be true have absolutely no (or very little) scientific basis. That is the part when I become humbled. And don't forget the part where I thought something was evil, and it turns out it's not.
I love La Familia-the restaurant in downtown Fort Worth. I highly recommend it if you're in the area.
I love having a laptop. How did I ever get by with just a desktop.
I love modern technology and the ability I have to stay in constant contact with family and friends near and far. I especially love that I can catch up with family while driving to school in the mornings (using blue tooth of course) It's crazy to think of all the time wasted before cell phones, laptops, email, dvr, etc. etc. etc.
These are a few things I love.
3 comments:
I'm glad things are going so well for you guys. You have such a sweet and talented family. I love your new header picture and blog make over. Super cute!
This post reminds me of the top 10 Guilty Pleasures that I emailed out a few years ago. I kept everyone's responses... and I think yours revolved mostly around food. ; )
I love your list...thanks for sharing.
I am so glad you take moments to recognize the really best parts of life. You are a very intelligent woman.
Post a Comment