Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lake Caddo

We decided to run away for Easter weekend. We found a great swamp house for rent and made the plans. Jacob drove up to spend the weekend with us too. We went to a place called Uncertain, TX and stayed on a river leading into Caddo Lake. The house we rented had canoes and was in an ideal location. The weather was perfect! Jesse hunted alligators both nights and found one each time. He was able to find the alligator because of his mating call. He is quite the alligator hunter. Fortunately, the alligator ran away and we didn't bring one home. In fact, he didn't get near this alligator. I stayed behind in the house just in case Jesse got crazy and I had to raise the kids alone. Luckily it his adventured didn't come to this morbid end, this time. He had the time of his life fishing, canoing, hunting creatures, etc., etc, etc. This was definitely a vacation for Jesse. Me... not so much. But I didn't get to relax and thanks to my absent-mindness, I didn't study the entire time. I took the wrong text book and couldn't work on my study guide. Oh well, life goes on.

The wisteria was in full bloom. It climbs up the trees and takes over. Beautiful to behold.


The trees grow in the water. It's very strange but fun to canoe through. It was like playing bumper cars with the trees trying to get the canoe through.




3 comments:

dlriley said...

Looks like so much fun, gald you got to go, so sorry you left your book but maybe you needed a break.

Unknown said...

What a fun Easter. You have the best ideas.

Janessa said...

Should I even ask how Jesse learned the alligator mating call? Sounds like he was totally in his element. That looks like a really neat place - as long as you don't get eaten by an alligator. Glad you didn't come home a widow.