Monday, May 3, 2010

Botanic Garden with Jesse

Going places with Jesse is always an adventure. I have been to the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens several times and I just walk through the grounds taking in the beautiful flowers and wondering over the amazing colors all around me. Jesse went with us for the fist time this weekend and I saw a whole different side of the gardens. Beginning with...


of course, he had to catch the snake. He can't just admire from a distance but actually has to hold it and pass it around to all the children.



Next he was swinging from a vine in a tree.

Katie of course had to have a turn too.


There is a large pond and there were millions of turtles sunning themselves. Jesse couldn't stand it when he saw a snapping turtle. He had to catch it just because he can. It was not a happy snapping turtle. He didn't want to come out and play. But he came out, by his tail, and he was ticked.


This thing was a monster.




Sydney invited Justin to come along for the day. He definitely scored points with us for wanting to hang out with Sydney and her parents for the day. Good kid.






Katie brought Emma along for the day also. They had a blast running through the gardens looking at flowers and creatures.



Jesse made all of us take turns posing with the beautiful roses which were in full bloom.








I married my favorite person in all the world!




What a fabulous day!!!

1 comment:

Janessa said...

How fun! The roses look so beautiful. I think we're going there on Thursday. Looks like the perfect time of year to go!