Thursday, November 20, 2008

Perplexed

One of the funnest things about being a parent is trying to interpret the mind of my child. Today, for instance, Katie and I were driving around running errands. She is always so cute in back seat finding letters she knows on the signs and making up rhyming words. She is becoming very aware of the signs around town and has lots of questions as to their meanings. Today was little odd though. She didn't understand why there are "no stranger" signs all over the place, especially in Burleson. Why don't we want strangers in our town anyway, she asked. I asked what she was talking about, there are no signs of that nature. Yes, she tells me, they have strangers on them and the back says "strangers, go away". Hmmm, I think. What could she possibly mean by this. Then it hits me. Maybe all of you are a little quicker than I am, but I had to think for a good five minutes before I realized what she could mean. The sad thing is, for all I know her daddy could have been the one to tell her that that was what those signs mean. I can't wait to probe him.











Anyway, this is what she was talking about.

4 comments:

Bingham Bunch said...

That is TOOO funny! I love how kids make their judgments based on their experiences. I have to tell this one to Lori.......The other day Lori dropped some clothes off for my girls that Emma has outgrown. My girls were THRILLED. Then Jennaveve gets really serious all of the sudden and asks, "Were they at the hospital with our friend Britney?" I said that someone WAS staying with Britney and that Lori had been there the day before and Britney's mom had been there on Sunday with her. Jennaveve thinks for a while and says, "Geez, Mom! I wish she'd hurry up and have that baby so everyone can stop worrying!"

Leanne said...

Hilarious

Unknown said...

katie is too cute. What a funny story!

dlriley said...

And I think this proofs my point. Of course should I say much, since I know the true nature of clouds.
Mom