Well, I've been tagged by my new friend Erica. This is a toughy. I've done other tags before but they just want information, not depth. So I'm supposed to tell 10 HONEST things about myself. And I want to tag everyone who reads this. I did it, you can too.
1. I am a terrible back-seat driver. For anyone who's been in a car with me while my husband's driving they know this too well. It's like my paranoia kicks in overdrive and I just know we are going to die. That's why you will usually see me behind the wheel when we go places.
2. I still watch soap operas sometimes if I'm home in the day. I can't help it. I sit down to eat lunch and I just have to know what Erica Cain is up to these days. She hasn't changed a whole lot since I watched them as a child at my grandmother's house. I know they are ridiculous, but I love them.
3. I think people are mad at me all the time. I am always afraid I have offended. I am still self-centered enough to think it is "all about me". True story.
4. I have been known to take a full pan of brownies to bed with me on more than one occasion and eat the entire thing. I usually don't feel so great afterward, but when it's happening it feels oh so good.
5. When I'm really tired but I can't fall asleep I ask my husband deep scientific questions, like how DNA works or how light travels. He gets really excited thinking we are going to have a deep discussion and I'm lulled to sleep by information that's so far over my head I can't concentrate on it. Don't tell him, though, or he'll stop talking me to sleep.
6. I switched over to the dark side and I voted for a Democrat. I am sure everyone knows this by now, but just in case you didn't I am sure you are SHOCKED!!
7. I am terrified of confrontation. Hate it, hate it, hate it! Even when it comes to things with my kids. I will never be the mom at the park that approaches the other mom if her kid hits mine. I will always just say "stay away from them if they hit you". I would rather fail a class than have to argue for a grade. I would rather drive away with a dinged door than get out of the car and deal with the person who just slammed their door into my car. Just can't handle it. I cry if Jesse makes me call the utility companies or banks or anything else, because they run right over me. I have to get over this.
8. Sometimes I really think I should have just not gone back to school (and acquired a great deal of debt to do it) and instead just started a party planning business. I think about it all the time and keep trying to figure out ways I can do it while I am also an SLP.
9. I love baking. I don't necessarily love it because I want to eat it all. I would just as soon give it all away when I am done. It's the act of baking that makes me happy. It's like a release of creative energy even if I'm not being creative.
10. I hate putting my hands in raw hamburger meat so I have taught my kids (especially Katie) how to mix up the meatloaf and make meatballs so I don't have to do it. I also refuse to kill bugs. I used to make Sydney kill cockroaches when I lived in this really old house in Dallas. She was 3-4 years old at the time. We had a dead mouse in our house one day (the cat brought it home to us) and I made Katie get it with the broom. I helped, but she really did the part that could have potentially led to contact with the dead mouse. What kind of mom does that make me? Not good.
3 comments:
The part about making Katie and Sydney kill bugs for you is sooo funny! I didn't know that about you. :)
That is hilarious.....and when you are having those creative baking outlets of yours, you know where I live ;o).
Now I think you need to hold everyone to revealing their dark secrets. Most didn't surprise me because you have already confessed some of these to me and your sisters but I was surprised by the soap operas. That was one I didn't know about. Still I laughed at it all. Funny, funny!!!
Post a Comment