
Last Friday Katie had "Donuts with Dad" at her preschool. Mom wasn't invited so I only have the one picture (which I told them 10 times at least to take before leaving that morning) to show. It's funny because with her being the last child in the family everything just holds so much meaning. It was that way with Sydney too because she was the first. It's a different kind of significance though. I know that I will never have another child in preschool again. How sad. I love preschool. All of my kids have gone and it's just the funnest time. It's when school is about exploration and having fun and socializing. No tests, no pressure. I love the relationships they build and going to the parties and picking up at the end of the day. The joy in their face when Mom walks in like we haven't seen each other for YEARS. And then the tales from the day. Someday they are a little bit "tall". I love talking to the teacher for clarification and seeing the look on her face when she hears the child's version of the day's events. I really love all of this and it saddens me as we draw closer to the end of the year. I thought maybe I needed to have another baby but quickly came to my senses and realized that one would just be the last and I will go through all this later. No matter what, it is sad and happy to change chapters in life. I look forward to all that waits around each corner and love everything about the ages my children are now. They are joys to me every day. But I can't help looking back to the time when they were all little and everything was a first instead of a last.
4 comments:
Tears...running down my face....yes I remember. With you everything was so exciting, so new, so I can't wait for the next thing to happen and see what she does. With Lindsey everything was this is the last time I will see this, this is the last Kindergarden graduation, the last first day of grade school, the last for my experiences with my very own little girls. I did learn though, after watching you and Maebeth grow so quickly right before my eyes, that I needed to stop and enjoy a lot more and not be in such a rush for it to happen. I wish that I had realized that much sooner with my first little girls because I was a better mom to stop and listen and watch with my second little girls. But I am sure someone probably told me to enjoy them because they grow up fast and I just thought 'are you kidding I have all my life to enjoy them. It will last a long time'. And like you said life is full of changes, they may be hard but with each one comes a new adventure, that brings a new and different kind of joy. You just can't help looking back and longing for those precious moments with your dear little girls.
I love that the schools do this! Kyle got to do donuts with dad and I got to do muffins with mom! Of course Lindsey didn't care but it's nice for mom and dad to get to be part of their school life! It's fun because I'm at the beginning, defiantly not looking forward to the end!
I think thats the saddest post I have ever read. I think because Addie is most likely my last. I need to go cry now.
they're so cute together. you're kids are so adorable- don't you think you owe it to humanity to have at least a couple more!?! :)
Post a Comment