Sunday, September 13, 2009

Gratitude

I just want to express my gratitude for all the wonderful people in my life. I feel sometimes like I just can't do all of this... you know, school, kids schedules, homework for everyone, food, tidying up, laundry, groceries, church assignments, showering, etc., etc., etc. And there are times when I whine like a big baby about all I have going on. I imagine most people would say, or should say "You chose this. Get over it". But they don't, not to my face anyway. They just send me kind words, ask about how I'm handling it all, offer to be my new housekeeper, allow my kids to stay at their house a couple of days a week while I'm trying to get home from school, fill in as a surrogate grandma on grandparents day when the real grandma's couldn't be there, volunteer to bring dinner, give endless rides home to the kids when I can't make it on time, hang out in jammies and watch mindless tv for the night because I just can't think anymore, study with me, and just show one kindness after another without complaint. My heart is so full. I don't deserve to have so many nice people in my life but I am indeed very, very grateful for all the support I get. It is sometimes so much easier to feel sorry for oneself, but it is not possible to feel that way for very long when you are grateful. I love all my dear family and friends!!!

3 comments:

Janessa said...

I am so amazed with all that you do. And, you always have a smile on your face! You are such a wonderful friend and always giving to others when you can. Any kindness and help you receive is well deserved. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful.

dlriley said...

After reading this I am so grateful too. I always worry so much with you guys so far away that I can't be there to help and when I know that there are others who God has sent into your life to do those things I would have done for you if I could have makes me sing with such gratitude. I thank God everyday for answered prayers and for a daughter who recognizes the blessings in her life!!

Silver Bell said...

When your mom told me about your grattitude comments she teared up. I felt that same heart tug when I read it too. I am so proud of you and all you do and I am grateful for all you bring into our lives as well. A little pay back is well deserved.
Silver Bell