Well, I officially started my grad school classes last week. We have 3 classes this semester and they all meet on Tues. and Thurs. I am super excited about all the classes because we are really getting into the meat of what we are doing now. I have stuttering class, a language disorders class, and a neurological disorders class. For the neuro class we already have a test coming up next Tuesday and I am having to brush up on my knowledge of the parts of the brain because are playing pictionary on Thursday and the subject will of course be the brain. Luckily, I love learning about the brain so hopefully this won't be too bad. According to previous grad students this is a very difficult class so I am trying to stay on top of things by studying ahead of time for tests. I have three therapy clients so far. I have met with two of them and it's been great fun. I will meet my third client next week. My graduate assistant duties aren't too bad yet but I know I will eventually have a lot to do. It's in exchange for tuition so I can't complain about it. I feel like I am running around like a mad woman sometimes trying to get everything done. It's very different having multiple therapy clients. I can't imagine what it will be like in the real world when I work for someone. Of course, I won't have classes to manage at the same time so hopefully it will be easier on some levels.
Scheduling has been tricky to say the least. I have my first client at 8:45 so I have to drop kids off my 7:30 so I can allow for morning rush hour traffic. I like to have 30 minutes to set up the therapy room also. Then I don't meet with my next client until 2:30. It's a half hour session so I get done at 3:00 and I run out the door because I have to get back home because the kids get out at 3:10. I have made arrangements for them until I get there but I still have to rush because they are just with a friend. I hate to put anyone out. Tuesdays I won't be done until late in the day so that's going to be difficult with the kids but I think I will have it worked out. Really the only day that things are great are on Fridays. No school on Fridays, just occasional diagnostics.
Amy is helping out by trying to get home early on the days when I have to stay later. She also takes one night a week to cook dinner. That is a great load off.
The kids are adjusting well to all the scheduling conflicts and so far they are not greatly affected by mom's stress. It's much easier to get everything done with all three in school. I hope we can keep up once the homework assignments start coming home.
That's our life at the moment. You never know how things can change so I say at the moment. I love my busy life. It is a good life.
2 comments:
Sounds so busy. I can relate. Since Kisha started school and Bobby went back to school my life has gotten hectic. Helping with the girls is a juggling act but it works. Holly is in CDO so that helps and she loves it. She loves having friends to play with. Kisha gets to come home for lunch so she still gets time to nurse Charlotte at that time. Thank goodness Charlotte has moved up to cereal. Kyle is being the mom when he doesn't have a job and he tells me everyday how much he appreciates what Kisha does. Multitasking is not his forte'. Only a year!! It can be done. Hang in there, you are good at being busy!!
You make my head spin...It makes my stomach hurt just thinking about all that stress...let me know if I can do anything to help...like adopt one of your children...I'd be a great mom :-) jk
Post a Comment