We finally were able to celebrate our 7th anniversary this past weekend. We decided to take a trip to Tyler and stay in a B&B. Jesse made reservations at a beautiful place called the Woldert-Spence Bed and Breakfast. It was a nice place run by a very sweet couple. It was so fun to get away for the night. While in Tyler we had lunch with Sam and Annette. Sam is one of Jesse's closest friends from his youth. They met us up for lunch and we had a great time catching up. They seem to be doing well. That night we went to dinner at a place called Villa Montez. The food was wonderful. The restaurant is in a beautiful, huge old house set on a hill. One of the prettiest restaurants I've ever been to. In the morning we were served a fabulous breakfast by our hosts. We sat in the dining room with other tenants of the B&B and had fun meeting others while eating together. I love the B&B experience because it's such a personal setting. The owners call you by name and love to talk with you. The other tenants are placed in a situation where we talk like familiars even though it's the only time you've seen each other and probably will ever see each other. It's unique and I really enjoy them. These are just a few of the pictures of the grounds and the house. I hope we can return soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment