I always feel the need to express gratitude during the season of Thanksgiving. I am feeling especially grateful today. It may be because the semester is ending or because Christmas is coming soon. Whatever the reason, I wanted to take a moment and jot down a few things I am grateful for. And these are in no particular order.
1. I am grateful for a nice home to shelter my family and keep us warm during these cold days.
2. I am grateful for a husband who comes home after a long day and helps with dinner, kids, and laundry on top of helping with various other people's needs at the same time. He never complains.
3. I am grateful for 3 happy, healthy children. The more I learn and the more I see, the more I count this as a true blessing.
4. I am so very grateful for my Sister-in-law Amy living with us right now. She is a calming presence in our home. I appreciate her love, support, encouragement, and endless modeling shows.
5. I am grateful for my education. I love to learn. I love knowing things. I love the opportunity I have to broaden horizons and expand the mind. Knowledge is empowering.
6. I am grateful for my wonderful friends. I have so many people who have an impact on my life in big and small ways. I am especially grateful to those friends who see me at my worst or who I have offended or hurt, being able to look past my flaws and imperfections and love me in spite of. These are the friends who see you through to the end. I love you all.
7. I am so grateful for my parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, nieces, nephews, etc., etc. I am so lucky to be a part of a family filled with so much love for everyone. We are a very blessed family!
8. I am grateful for my healthy body, free of aches and pains. I know they are coming soon enough, but today I am grateful that I have inherited great genes.
9. I am grateful that I still have my natural hair color and I haven't had to start coloring my hair to hide the gray.
10. I am the most grateful for my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. What a gift to know we are not alone and never have to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment