




Jack had his 5th grade program tonight. I had no idea how awesome this program was going to be. The entire 5th grade sang songs from 8 or 9 different Broadway musicals. Some of them had the words altered to fit the occasion. Others were sung just as written. There were slide shows to go with each performance. The slides included pictures of the 5th grade teachers dancing and singing and also the 5th graders participating in all sorts of activities. It was so fun. The best part was the end of the program. They do something called a bridge ceremony. This is where they line up all the teachers from Kinder thru 5th grade. The children are called one by one and they make their way down the line. They hug each teacher along the way. It was absolutely beautiful. This shows the culmination of each of the efforts of teachers through all the years, not just the final year. It symbolized 6 years worth of love and work and patience. I can't say enough good things about the school Jack and Katie attend. My mother-in-law says it best all the time when she says "This school just has it right". I feel sooooooo lucky to have found such a great place for them to establish a solid foundation in learning. Not only do they learn, but they love to learn.
Oh, and did I mention I cried like a stinkin' baby. This night was heartbreaking. I am not ready for him to leave elementary school level. Middle school feels like the beginning of the end. Jack already seems so independent and doesn't really need his mama like he did when he was a little guy. Middle school can only get worse. He's not going to need me anymore and there's not much I can do about it. Where did my little fat baby boy go?
1 comment:
What a neat program and celebration of the things that those kids have done in their educational career thus far. I'm so not ready to have Taylor take that step next year - yikes! I really hope he's able to have a year at the Academy. It seems like such an amazing school. We're keeping our fingers crossed. I'm sure Jack will do great in middle school. He may not tell you, but he's definitely going to need you still:)
Post a Comment