Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Brilliance




I was thinking about my crazy life the other night. Of course it was while I was trying to fall asleep but I couldn't because I couldn't stop thinking about all that I had to get done the next day, causing me to feel more frustrated that I couldn't fall asleep knowing I would be even more tired because I didn't go to sleep for hours. Why, why, why do I always do that? Anyway, not the point. As I was lying there trying to think of ways to make my life easier I had a moment of pure brilliance. Casserole swap. Yes, this would be awesome. Of course this is not my original idea. I'm sure moms have been doing this since casseroles and disposable pans were invented. But it's the first time in my life I find that even cooking dinner is almost impossible with running to all the soccer practices, drama rehearsals, church functions, studying, and many, many other things. So this it what we are doing. I found other busy moms and we are all making one casserole per participant that can be frozen. We are meeting up at my house tonight to make the exchange and voila! I have dinner for five busy nights. Rosa's is going to miss our business but I won't miss feeding my kids fast food and cereal for dinner. Ugh.

2 comments:

Karen Buxton said...

Great idea! Glad to see that you updated your blog. I need to add some more pizazz to mine. Time to go for a run so I can get away with eating a brownie or something later.

Ashley said...

I already have people wanting to join in! It is nice to have dinners prepared!
P.S. Scary pic of me... I'll pose better next time.