This was a rough week. I guess technically it's not a full week, but the rough part started last week. I had soooo much going on with the activity on Saturday, soccer games Saturday, quick trip to Mansfield Sunday to watch Lindsey do her first ever speaking part in the Primary program (yeah, Lindsey), two tests Monday, Jesse out of town Monday night and Tuesday, and an important paper due on Wednesday. I just got home from school and I am so exhausted from staying up till 2:30 am finishing my paper. I didn't put it off on purpose. It was done last week by Monday, but I didn't have time to go back and work on the works cited. I had to study, study, study when I had free time. So, I am beginning to feel like the greatest failure in school, home and life in general because it just doesn't feel like I can handle all of this anymore and I get a phone call. Someone from the Stake Presidency calls and asks me to speak at the adult session of Stake Conference. I laughed, out loud and asked if he was kidding. I am in my bed with my laptop trying to get through this paper. My house is falling apart, I mean bad, like the kind of falling apart where things are so messy you don't even stop to pick things up off the floor anymore because what's the point really, falling apart. And he wants me to talk about, and I quote "Finding Balance in the challenges we face living the gospel, raising a family, and providing for temporal needs". This only makes me laugh louder. He wasn't joking unfortunately. Jesse tells me that's what I get for being friendly to with the Stake Pres. I'm not amused.
2 comments:
Aw, you're doing fine. We are too hard on ourselves! I am sure you're not the only one whose house is falling apart. Mine gets that way from time to time. Have fun doing that talk!
I'm so proud of you. Keep paddeling.
Post a Comment